DIY Project -- Floating Wall Storage for Snapshots, Jewelry, Small Supplies, etc

Floating Multi-Use Wall Storage

C:Documents and SettingsMereMy DocumentsMy Picturessewusefulsewuseful 057.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\Mere\My Documents\My Pictures\sewuseful\sewuseful 048.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\Mere\My Documents\My Pictures\sewuseful\sewuseful 053.jpg
C:\Documents and Settings\Mere\My Documents\My Pictures\sewuseful\sewuseful 057.jpg
This instructable will teach you how to make a floating metal grid that can be used as a magnetic bulletin board, a play to display artwork, a jewelry organizer, craft organizer or whatever else your crazy little heart desires!

I originally came up with this idea in my freshman year of college to display pictures. In the dorms we were not allowed to put holes in the walls, so I instead stapled some wire mesh behind an old ladder that we had sitting around. The picture ladder was perfect for us because we could just rearrange our pictures whenever we wanted by moving the magnets. While in the dorm we also made an earring holder that hung over the door with the extra wire mesh (we ended up hating the over the door aspect because every time we shut the door earrings would fall..so save yourself the time and don't try that idea).
 blog it