Earphones That Don't Use Your Ears -- They Use Jawbones Instead

I have looked for years for perfect earphones. Haven't found them. Have 20 pair at least. Earbuds make my ears sore. Overear models mess up my hair and cut out too much outside noise if I'm driving, etc. Whine, Whine...

But this is a new one. Nothing in my ear at all. But it makes your whole head vibrate???
clipped from www.gearlog.com
boneconduct.jpg
he Audio Bone is really weird - it's a pair of bone conduction headphones. You don't actually put them over your ears - you put them on your upper jawbone right in front of your ear, and they transmit music through your skull. Bone conduction typically hasn't delivered very good sound quality, but these headphones sounded pretty decent, though they felt quite odd - my whole head was vibrating!


Along with the basic Audio Bone, Japanese firm Goldendance had a waterproof model - the Audio Bone Aqua. That one is even more interesting, because bone conduction just might let you listen to music underwater where standard headphones don't work well.


The Audio Bone costs $120 and the Aqua costs $90, but Goldendance doesn't have a US distributor yet.

 blog it